Saturday, April 9, 2011

The joys of television...

My husband and I subscribed to satellite television for the first time in years.  Consequently, I've started to watch old shows I used to love when I was a teenager in the 80s.  One show I've gotten re-hooked on is Fame...

I knew Fame was cheesy even when it was new.  Watching it over twenty-five years after it was on the air reminds me of just how corny TV used to be... but back then, reality TV didn't exist, unless you count Cops.  Lots of melodrama on Fame, though... it's as cheddar as television comes.

Of course, there are also great shows from the past like the Golden Girls, a show I never get tired of.

I also notice that there are many television channels that show the same thing.  I remember the days when cable TV meant 30 channels and maybe a movie channel or two.  Now it means hundreds of channels that show a lot of crap.  Kinda sad, I guess... but at least I get to watch my favorite programs when they air.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.