Thursday, April 7, 2011

Assholes on the Interstate...

These days, I don't do a lot of driving.  I find driving to be stressful and am usually with my spouse, so I let him take the wheel.  But last week, I had to drive because we had two cars to get to our new state.  We were on Interstate 85, I think... and it was a bit busy.  I was in a little Mini convertible, riding the right lane.  I had to merge for some reason... might have been because the lane was about to turn into an exit, or maybe  someone was trying to merge into traffic.  Anyway, there was a large truck in front of me that I was trying not to hit and I was focused on that.

I put on my signal and waited a few seconds, checked over my shoulder, and started to switch lanes.  Suddenly, there's this loud, obnoxious HONK.  An uglyass large pickup truck was in my blind spot and I wasn't able to see it.  I guess they were forced to slow down and let me in.  The way he was driving, he obviously hated to be forced to cooperate.  Of course, had he been considerate instead of a fucking jerk, he wouldn't have needed to honk because he would have left room for other people to merge.

Anyway, at the first opportunity, this dickhead gets into the left lane to pass, comes up on me, and HONKS at me again!  That pissed me off, so I honked back.  I know I should have ignored it, but I was absolutely fuming.  As if that fuckhead has never cut someone off, accidentally or otherwise...  He took off like a bat out of hell, too, so it's not like he was driving safely, either.  As if honking at me was going to do anything besides make me want to squeeze his balls off with a pair of tweezers.

Folks... it's one thing to honk at someone if they're about to hit you.  Hopefully they'll get out of the way and an accident will be avoided.  It's another to honk at them just to be a fucking asshole... as if your own shit doesn't stink.  I actually found myself hoping that motherfucker in the truck got a little payback from someone else down the road... or maybe a nice scorching case of herpes.

Road rage... one more reason why I let my husband do the driving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.