Thursday, March 24, 2011

What the hell happened to Victoria Jackson?

I remember when I was in college, ditzy blonde comedienne Victoria Jackson was at the top of her game.  She was on Saturday Night Live and I had seen her in the 1988 film, Casual Sex? with Lea Thompson and Andrew Dice Clay.  Okay, so it wasn't the greatest film in the world, but it was reasonably entertaining.  I thought Jackson was kind of cute and all...

Fast forward about twenty years, and Victoria Jackson is making news again, mainly for dissing Glee and claiming Barack Obama is a communist.  I watched her spot on CNN where she explains herself for bashing the kiss between Glee's Kurt and Blaine and she comes off as a complete lunatic, rambling mindlessly about how homosexuality is a sin and how shows like Glee are "making kids gay".

After I watched Jackson ramble on CNN, I went to YouTube to see what else Victoria Jackson has been doing these days and found this...


and this...


I know Victoria Jackson is a devout Christian.  On the other hand, I have to wonder if this is more about reviving her career... and looking a little bit like Sally Struthers.  I see the Tea Party folks have embraced her and she's getting more press these days than she has in years.  Is this really about the Bible?  Or is it more about money?

I think it's sad.  She sounds really ignorant.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.