Friday, March 18, 2011

We found a house...

My dear spouse and I have just returned from our househunting expedition.  I'm happy to report that we found a neat little one story house in the country.  It has some land, a view of a pond, wood floors, and a nice sized garage.  I will admit that there are some things about this house that we'll miss, but I think the new place will be fine for as long as we're there.  Maybe it'll be longer than 18 months.

Aside from our new house, I discovered that the city of Fayetteville, NC is probably one of the raunchiest I've ever seen.  Lots of strip joints, pawn shops, and scary drivers.  We almost had an accident a couple of times the other night because of drivers who appeared to be operating under the influence.  I plan to stay away from the Fayetteville area as much as possible.  Yikes!

I also got a chance to see an old friend I knew in high school and her husband.  She's in the Air Force and getting ready to deploy once again.  I'm sad they're leaving the area.  It would have been nice to have people around to hang out with.

We have beautiful weather... it's perfect for starting to get everything organized for vacating.  I'd sure like to get that over with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.