Sunday, March 27, 2011

Shit makes the flowers grow...

When I discovered Willie Nelson's "Rainbow Connection", I also discovered the talents of his daughter, Amy Nelson, who is one half of the folk duo Folk Uke.  The other half of the duo is Arlo Guthrie's daughter, Cathy Guthrie.  Anyway, these two chicks are a riot.  They sing and harmonize together on original songs... Amy plays guitar and Cathy plays ukelele to songs like this one...





And they make twisted requests of their male friends with songs like this one...



I guess I shouldn't be surprised that Willie Nelson and Arlo Guthrie are both quite supportive of their daughters' efforts.  I'm kind of embarrassed to just be finding them now.  I wonder where these two ladies have been all my life, since we seem to be on a similar wavelength.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.