Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Ugh... more calls for Wanda Knight...

Remember this post from October?  I thought I had taken care of the phone calls for "Wanda Knight", but apparently I haven't.  Some prescription drug service has been calling lately for dear old Wanda.  I got the first call about ten days ago.  I was at home and the phone rang.  I noticed the phone number was out of Texas, which is where my mother-in-law lives.  I picked up the phone and some woman with a heavy Hispanic accent asked for Wanda Knight.

I was immediately annoyed, since I only recently stopped getting collections calls for Wanda.  But I tried to keep the edge out of my voice as I explained to the caller that Wanda Knight doesn't live at my house and I don't know her.  The caller explained that Wanda had given her that phone number.  Fair enough.  But Wanda is giving out the WRONG number.

So then the operator asks me if I take any prescription drugs.  I told her I didn't.  She said that was great, promised to take our number out of the database, and that was supposedly that...  except it wasn't.  Over the weekend, my spouse and I were eating dinner and the phone rang.  We thought it might be my mom calling about surgery that my dad had.  Hubby saw the Texas number and picked up.  It was the pharmacy people again.  He rang off politely... probably a lot more politely than I did.

Today the phone rang and I could see it was the pharmacy folks again.  They hung up when I answered.  Then they called again an hour later.  I answered the phone and it was some guy from India or Pakistan.  He asked for Wanda Knight.  I said, "Wanda Knight does NOT live here!  This is NOT her phone number."

This time, the guy didn't try to sign me up for anything.  He just said he'd take our number out of the system.  I guess it's a good thing we're moving soon... these people can call for Wanda Knight and not have to talk to me anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.