Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Househunting kind of sucks...

So my husband and I have to move in about six weeks.  We just gave notice to our landlords and they're coming here to walk through the house with a realtor.  This house is going back on the market ASAP.  It kind of makes me sad, because even though this house has some major problems, I have enjoyed living here.  This house has a lot of land and trees, which makes it very private and quiet.  I'm not looking forward to moving to a house with a lot of neighbors and/or traffic.

I've been continuing my househunt online and have found a few places I wouldn't mind looking at.  I think what turns me off, though, is the prospect of having to deal with new landlords/rental companies.  It's always stressful to look for a new home because you never know ahead of time whether or not you're going to like your landlord or your neighbors.  In this house, we haven't had any dealings with the landlords.  They get our rent automatically and they live in another state.  On the other hand, our landlords also aren't the most responsive people when it comes to maintenance.  Thankfully, we haven't had any really serious issues.

We also have two dogs.  They're not too obnoxious, but they are beagles.  That makes them bigger than some of the ridiculous weight limits landlords put on their houses.  And they need to be somewhere where they can bay and not annoy everybody.

I guess one good thing about having to move is that perhaps we won't get eaten up by bugs this summer.  One bad thing about living in the woods is that there are bugs galore, along with other critters.  And maybe we won't have any problems with rusty water, either...

*Sigh* but moving just sucks...  I'm tired of doing it.  Four moves in four years is too many moves.  I'd like to live in a community long enough to get to know it.  I have a bad feeling that our next move might end up being even briefer than this one was...  Or maybe my husband will just retire so we can start making moving decisions for ourselves.

On a different subject, I noticed yesterday that our local Publix was selling cane sugar sodas... Pepsi, Dr. Pepper, and Mountain Dew.  I wish soda makers would just go back to sugar and stop putting high fructose corn syrup in everything.  Cane sugar is probably not much healthier, but it does taste better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.