Monday, January 3, 2011

Well... that's another year shot to hell...

It's hard to believe that it's 2011.  Seems like yesterday, it was 2009.  I think the older you get, the faster time flies.  I remember when a week seemed like an eternity.  Now, the weeks fly by like so much crap through a goose.  It seems like yesterday, I was 19 years old.  This year, I will be 39 years old.  And I still haven't done some of the things I thought I would have done by now...

As a matter of fact, my life has not turned out the way I pictured it.  I guess there's really no point in picturing the future, because every time we plan something, God seems to laugh.  Or maybe there is no God.  Maybe life is, in and of itself, nothing but a grand illusion.

Anyway, I'm glad the holidays are behind us.  I'm ready for the new year.  And while I'm not thrilled about having to move again, I'm ready to get our next move behind us, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.