Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Proverbs 20:1...

So, today a good friend of mine who knew me when I was battling depression mentioned on Facebook that she picked a bad time to come off her meds.  Apparently, everybody and their brother are annoying her right now.  So I said that I find good wine a nice alternative to meds.


Next thing I know, some Bible thumper chimes in with "Proverbs 20:1 (I don't)."  I'm definitely no Bible scholar, but I had a feeling he was referring to my love of fermented grapes.  I looked it up (yes, I do own a Bible) and sure enough, Proverbs 20:1 states thusly... "Wine is a mocker, strong drink a brawler, and whoever is led astray by it is not wise."


I responded that I must not be very wise because I find wine very relaxing... and a hell of a lot less expensive than psychiatric medications.  Wine and other alcohols have valid uses to many people.  The trick is not to get drunk or, if you do get drunk, not to get in a fight.  Sometimes fights and other shit happen, even if you're stone cold sober.    


So kindly give me my wine and get the fuck out of my way.  


See?  I just dropped the f-bomb and I haven't had a drop to drink all morning.  




This stuff is particularly soothing to the soul... ^
                                                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.