Thursday, December 2, 2010

Gimpy dog...

My dog MacGregor is about seven years old and has started to show his age.  A couple of months ago, I took him to the vet because it looked like he was limping a bit.  The vet did a simple test and decided to give him anti-inflammatory tablets.  The tablets worked a little, but by the next month, he still seemed gimpy.  I had another vet look at him and she said she thought maybe his problem was in his shoulder.  She gave me more anti-inflammatory tablets, which seemed to work...

We went away twice last month and both times when I've come back, the limp has been worse.  There could be any number of reasons why MacGregor is lame, but I still worry that it might be something really serious, like cancer.  We lost a dog to prostate cancer last year and it was so sad...  I hate to see MacGregor in pain, but I truly hope he's just getting old and creaky.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.