Friday, December 31, 2010

And the last day of 2010 is shaping up to be weird...

This morning, I had a very vivid dream.  I still remember a lot of it, so I'm going to write it down for future reference.

The dream starts in a busy restaurant that has several floors.  I'm there with my husband and we're eating really greasy cheeseburgers and fries on the second floor.  The place is crawling with college students, many of whom seemed familiar to me from my days as a student.  At one point, my husband gets up to do something and I'm sitting alone.  A young boy, maybe seven or eight years old, approaches and starts to harass me.  For some reason, I have a handful of granulated sugar that has been dyed dark green.  I throw it at him and yell at him to leave me alone.   Next thing I know, the boy's father, a very young looking guy, angrily threatens me with bodily harm for throwing green sugar at his son.  I get very angry and tell the guy I'm about to cry rape.  He immediately backs off, but everyone in the restaurant turns on me and becomes very hostile.

I get up to go to the bathroom, which is actually some kind of fru fru sorority looking bedroom with a toilet in it.  I go in there and take a big dump.  Then I leave and look for my husband, who was supposed to be on the restaurant's third floor.  He's not there.  I'm feeling pissed off and abandoned.

I leave the restaurant and find that almost everyone I bump into has turned against me.  I can't find my husband and my iPhone isn't working.  Suddenly, I find myself at this beautiful ornately decorated museum that's supposed to be a replica of George W. Bush's home.  It's really lovely, decorated in vivid greens and dark yellows, and looks very Mediterranean.  I want to stop and take pictures, but I'm too busy looking for my husband and trying to call him on the phone.

Suddenly, I'm standing in an area that is supposed to be like an oasis of the city.  If you're standing there, you know you're not far from the center.  Realizing this, I feel relieved and start heading for the college campus, where I bump into this very pretty sorority girl.  I have never been in a sorority, yet she seems to be acting as some kind of advocate for me.  We don't say much as someone approaches us with two slips of paper inviting us to some kind of "court", where I'll be tried for whatever it was I did to make everyone so hostile.  As I was waking up, I was deciding how to respond and, I think, leaning toward just leaving the area.

I told my husband about this dream as we were waking up.  It's the most vivid dream I've had in a long while.  Then I took the dogs out for a walk.  We found what appeared to be a decapitated squirrel in our driveway.  I didn't get too close because I didn't want the dogs to take it in their mouths.  I didn't know where it had been and I figured if they got ahold of it, I'd never get them to release it.  For all I know, some wacko left it there, laced with poison.

Then I sat down to my computer and found a snarky comment on a champagne review I wrote last summer.  The comment was supposedly from my husband's ex-wife, but it was too well-written to be by her and it was also under a topic that I highly doubt she'd read about.  The person wrote "one woman's trash is another woman's treasure, homewrecker."  Hmm... given the fact that I didn't meet my husband until a year after they divorced, I don't see how I could be called a homewrecker.  And even if I actually could be considered a homewrecker, that home in particular is one I'd be proud to wreck.

It's just odd that something like that would pop up on New Year's Eve after two other weird things happened.  I deleted the comment.  I didn't feel it had anything to do with the review, though it does make me wonder about people.  Did someone leave it there to be funny or hostile?  Did my innocuous comment make them feel bitter about their own situation?  All I know is that comment, whether it was meant as a joke or not, says a lot more about the person who left it than it does about me.

Anyway, we'll see what the rest of New Year's Eve 2010 has in store for me... this could turn out to be a day I blog more than once.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.