Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The Walmart Ass...terisk...

So my husband and I got back from our Labor Day trip this afternoon and as we were driving home, we noticed a new Walmart.  I haven't shopped in Walmart in ages.  I hate going into them because they're too big and I get sensory overload.  I also hate their business practices.

Anyway, my dear spouse noticed their new logo, which is kind of simple and understated.  Next to the word, Walmart, there's an asterisk.  Spouse commented that it wasn't unlike Target's bullseye.  I commented that the asterisk seemed particularly appropriate for a Walmart, since it sort of resembles an asshole. 

If you've ever read the book Breakfast of Champions by Kurt Vonnegut, you might know what I mean.  In that book, Vonnegut mentions that an asterisk kind of looks like an asshole.  He even draws a crude picture of it. 

Come to think of it, Target's logo features a bullseye, which is also sort of like an asshole... Perhaps it's a subliminal message to the masses.  Shop here and get figuratively fucked up the ass. 

All kidding aside... if I had to choose one over the other, I'd choose Target.  I don't like Walmart for many, many reasons... At least they now have a logo that does them justice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.