Friday, July 16, 2010

Mel Gibson is completely nuts...

I'm just now getting around to listening to Mel Gibson's rantings...  He sounds a lot like a couple of less famous people I know.  He's obviously an alcoholic... his rantings are very familiar to me because I've been around alcoholics myself.  Those who can't take alcohol get turned into instant assholes once they've been sipping.  I've got to hand it to Oksana Grigorieva.  She was admirably calm as he was going off on her like a lunatic.  And she was smart to record him.  Those priceless recordings are powerful pieces of evidence.

It's such a shame that such a talented, successful man is so out of control.  But it also seems like Hollywood is full of people like that... talented, beautiful, wealthy people who have completely lost their ability to be rational and coherent and think they're above the law. 

That being said... Mel's rant reminds me a little of my father's rants, before he became demented from years of alcohol abuse and old age.  My dad never swore like Mel does, but it was the same level of anger and craziness.  It was very scary to watch, particularly when I was a small child.  When I got older, I became able to defend myself more.  But as a little kid, he was terrifying when he was like that.  Thankfully, it didn't happen that often.  He's still around and married to my mother.  I don't know how she was able to deal with it for so long.

I don't know if Oksana actually did anything to get Mel to this point.  It's possible that she "played" him.  But whether she played him or not, he's clearly not a well man.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.