Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy 4th of July...

I was considering writing something opinionated and obnoxious this morning, but then it occurred to me that it's the 4th of July and I might as well wish everyone a good holiday.  Of course, some people celebrated it last night...

Last night, hubby and I celebrated his birthday, even though it's not officially his birthday until July 7th.  We went out to Craft Atlanta, a fantastic restaurant that is one of several founded by Chef Tom Colicchhio, star of Top Chef.  I'd like to say that I follow that show.  There was a time when I did, but since we don't have cable, I don't watch it anymore.

Anyway, we went there and enjoyed the most fantastic meal... Fresh, high quality ingredients, amazing, attentive service, a nice ambiance... It wasn't a cheap meal by any stretch of the imagination, but it was worth every penny.  I even convinced my dear spouse to order the $61 rib-eye steak, which was dry aged, large enough for two people, and unlike anything I've ever tasted before.  Thankfully, we had leftovers, including the marvelous roasted duck I ordered.

When we were finished eating, I was sighing about how delicious the meal was and how it was likely one of the best I've ever had.  Craft Atlanta is definitely one restaurant that lives up to the hype in a big way.


Worth every penny...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.