Friday, July 30, 2010

An excellent blog for men who have abusive wives or exes...

I discovered Shrink4Men yesterday when my husband told me about one of his co-workers, who is apparently married to an abusive woman.  I don't want to get too much into the guy's problems except to say that my husband has been his sounding board for awhile now and the problem seems to be getting worse. 

Last night, as he was telling me about his colleague's issues with his wife, my husband teared up and admitted that witnessing this mess reminded him of his own days as an abused spouse.  His first wife was very emotionally abusive, to the point of being cruel. 

We don't often talk about men who are abused by their spouses.  That's because it's embarrassing and our society seems to support the belief that if a wife abuses her husband, he somehow deserves it.  And women who are abusive take advantage of that belief.  The worst ones cry crocodile tears and manipulate other people to their sides, further isolating their husbands. 

There's a lot I could write about this issue... and someday, I probably will.  For now, I just want to offer my readers the chance to discover this very helpful blog.  If you know a man in an abusive relationship, please pass this link along...

http://shrink4men.wordpress.com/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.