Thursday, June 3, 2010

Dead celebrities...

They say that things tend to happen in threes...  Last year, we lost Michael Jackson, Farrah Fawcett, and Ed McMahon at around the same time.  This year, we've lost Gary Coleman, Dennis Hopper, and Rue McClanahan within the same week.  I guess it was sort of a shock to find out that Gary Coleman died, since he was only 42 years old.  On the other hand, he'd been dogged by health problems his whole life.

I don't actually know that much about Dennis Hopper.  I don't remember seeing any of his films, although I probably did catch one at some time.  I always loved Rue McClanahan on The Golden Girls.  I even read her 2007 memoirs.  She was a great, great talent who will be missed.

I guess seeing my dad in the shape he's in has made me feel a little more mortal these days.  Perhaps it's time to take better care of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.