Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Shower The People...

One of my favorite James Taylor songs is "Shower The People".  It's a song about showing the ones you love how much and how deep your love is for them.  James sings "things are gonna be much better if you only will..." But most people never do.

The one exception to this rule, at least in my life, is my husband.  When I get an email from him, he signs off with an affectionate "love you".  When we talk on the phone, he tells me he loves me.  Before he leaves for work in the morning, he kisses me goodbye.  He showers me with love and affection every day.  Don't think I don't realize how lucky I am.

I've come to realize that if you have one person in your life who really loves you and shows it, things really are much better.  And I'm just as happy to shower my man with love and affection... he makes it easy. 

Come to think of it... James Taylor has another song called "You Make It Easy", which is all about temptation to cheat.  But I have no temptation to cheat, not that anyone would oblige me anyway. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.