Thursday, April 29, 2010

Slowly catching up after our vacation...

<-- Wish I were still here.


Even if you're an overeducated housewife, going on vacation can put you behind in some things.  I've spent the last couple of days trying to get caught up on my writing and housework.  I still have a ways to go on the housework.  Luckily, my dear husband isn't a stickler about such things... not that that would make a difference, anyway.

The funny thing about travel is that after a trip, my mind always goes back to it.  We had a nice time in the Caribbean, although it doesn't measure up to Europe in my eyes.  To be honest, I find the Caribbean kind of boring except for the beautiful blue water and wildlife.  On the other hand, I am having a wonderful time seeing the world with my husband.

I swore I wouldn't bring up this topic too much in my blog... but I figure it's on my mind, so I will.  Ten years ago, my husband was getting a divorce.  I was in school.  His ex wife supposedly was just trying to teach my dear man a lesson and change him into the ideal man she thought he should be.  Of course, no one ever bothered to tell this woman that her idea of what's ideal is pretty skewed.  And apparently, she has yet to find it in anyone, since she's now on her third husband.  She turned him loose, and now he's mine.

His life is very different now.  He doesn't see his kids because she doesn't let him.  Oh-- she claimed he could see them whenever he wanted to, but always on her terms.  At the beginning of our marriage, we were broke.  So flying out to the faraway state where the kids live wasn't an option.  But even if it had been an option, she made having a relationship with them untenable.  I feel pretty certain that she's told the kids lies about their father and he's not around to defend himself.  So now they're really brainwashed and alienated and missing out on their wonderful dad.

He misses them, I know... and because of an action he took when he was married before, it's unlikely that we'll have kids of our own.  I don't have any desire to undergo medical procedures to get pregnant.  Now that I'm getting older and realizing what shits kids can turn into, I'm thinking that maybe it's better that we don't have them. 

One thing I have noticed in our seven years of marriage is that my dear husband is enjoying his life, despite missing his kids.  He's now allowed to try and enjoy new things.  He can now afford to try new things as well... our financial situation has improved drastically over the past few years.  It's rewarding to watch all of this, but sad too.  If my husband's kids only knew the truth.  I doubt they'll give him the chance to tell his side of the story, though, so for now, we'll just keep trying to enjoy life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.