Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Is it the end of the world as we know it?

Every time I turn around, it seems like another natural disaster has struck.  Last night, it was another earthquake, this time in China.  A few days ago, Poland lost a good portion of its government to a plane crash.  Then there were earthquakes in Haiti and Argentina... flooding in the northeastern United States... pirates off the east coast of Africa... seems like the world is self destructing right in front of our eyes.  And, of course, with each passing day there's more pessimistic news about the sorry state of our economy.

But never mind all the natural disasters...  Glee's back on TV.  And my husband actually asked me when we could watch it.  We don't have cable in our house because we live out in the woods and cable doesn't come out here.  We didn't subscribe to satellite service because the local provider wanted a five year contract and a huge deposit.  We will almost certainly not be living here in five years, sad as I am to say it.  So we have to get our TV fix on the Internet.  Luckily, this is ridiculously easy.  Makes me wonder why anyone bothers to subscribe to cable anymore.

In other news, I'm feeling mostly better.  In a couple of days, I'll be in the Caribbean, sipping rum and champagne.  Hopefully, there won't be any natural disasters to interrupt our good time, but with the way the world seems to be going these days, I'm beginning to wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.