Thursday, February 23, 2012

Hoveround takes me where I want to go...

Ever seen commercials for Hoveround?  Here's a classic...




I wanted to find the one that has the creepy guy in it who sings "Hoveround takes me where I want to go..." but for some reason, it's not on YouTube.  ETA Found it!  I don't understand that ad.  They show the guy singing, but there's music behind it that doesn't match.  It's bizarre.

I guess these types of scooters are helpful for the mobility challenged.  I haven't actually seen anyone using them, though.


I like how the ads assure viewers that they can get one for low or no cost, as long as they have insurance... I also like how everyone always buckles up in the chair.  Makes me wonder if any of the folks that have these chairs ever drag race in them.  The only thing it's missing is a roll bar.

8 comments:

  1. hi im the creepy guy on youtube search Michael LeLand commercial http://youtu.be/1B8hFOyj-Gs
    you might also like this clip:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael, if that's true, you should know everyone is searching for you and hitting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha. That's hilarious. You call the man "creepy" and then he ends up here. Apologies are in order! That commercial is an instant classic. Just the right amount of creepy to make it catchy. Almost like "I've fallen, and I can't get up!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still think he comes across as creepy, so I'm not going to apologize. But I do agree that the commercial is a classic. I still can't believe how much traffic this one post has driven to my blog. I think Michael Leland has definitely done his job promoting the product, though I wonder if his song has actually gotten people to purchase a Hoveround.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I work for a physician's office; the paperwork and time spent proving to Medicare that the patient meets all of their criteria and waiting on their decision is staggering. I do love the creepy commercial though and ended up here while searching for the song lyrics. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Connie! It so happens that I am a non-practicing social worker. I used to have to fill out Medicare paperwork, too. It's a real nutroll with any kind of government program! Thanks for dropping by and leaving a comment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You mean the one where the Black guy is singing? He ask where is it gonna send me also, and I always sing back, down to the welfare office then for food stamps. He sometimes with a smug face "At no cost to me" I knew that, Blacks pay for NOTHING in this country, it FREE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must have mistaken this blog for a Yahoo! news article. Take your racist comments elsewhere, Freddy.

      Delete